Leaflab 2 facilitates advanced studies of photosynthesis and respiration from solid-state samples. The system is ideally suited to busy research facilities where demands on equipment performance are high but is equally at home in teaching environments for under and post-grad plant biology studies of the photosynthetic processes.
Samples typically consist of leafdiscs which are either cut from a broad leaf or made up of a “mat” of smaller leaves to form a circular disc of 10cm2. Changes in oxygen content of the sealed sample chamber are determined by the integral oxygen electrode mounted in the base of the chamber.
- PC-operated USB Oxylab+ electrode control unit
- LD2/3 gas-phase electrode chamber with dual water jacket for effective sample/sensor temperature control
- LH36/2R LED light source (up to 750 µmol m-2 s-1) with automated control via user-defined PFD light tables
- Suitable for gas-phase measurements from leafdisc samples of 10cm2
- 24-bit high-resolution measurement of oxygen signals
- Integral systems for measurement of auxiliary signals with 16-bit resolution
- Onboard LCD readings of oxygen & auxiliary signals
- 2-channel capability via purchase of additional systems
- QSRED sensor for light source calibration
- OxyTrace+ Windows® software for data acquisition, hardware control & data analysis
- Realtime 0V – 4.5V analogue output of oxygen signal.